Join now - be part of our community!

Media volume is the default audio channel when adjusting the volume

SOLVED
Riyadhe
Visitor

Media volume is the default audio channel when adjusting the volume

The volume bar now takes up the whole screen and it adjusts media by default. One cant adjust the ring tone without accessing the settings menu.

Been grating my teeth with android updates. If this does not get better then its bye bye

42 REPLIES 42
Dissappointed
Visitor

I am the originator of this thread AND IT IS NOT SOLVED... not by AONG way. And I strongly object to one of the Sony so-called-experts marking it as solved WHEN IT IS NOT. 

everything I have said still stands, and many of the 39 previous reies agree.

Make it a choice in settings! 

Jonas
Master

Hi @Jjaacckk, sorry to hear that.

As I wrote in my previous replies, the change has been made by Google and I have forwarded every single complaint about this, but as you said, I don't make the changes, I only try my best to forward the complaints about this to the people responsible for making the changes.

If you plan to switch brands, make sure that the brand you choose does not have the same solution, as this is the standard behaviour in Android Pie (if you switch to a different manufacturer that uses Android as the operating system).

@Dissappointed, I completely understand and I will continue to forward the feedback, but I don't have the power to click on a button to send an update out to everyone with Android Pie where this has changed, even though that sometimes I wish that was the case.

Why this is marked as solved is because the post contains information about the change and since this is the default behaviour in Android Pie based on how Google wants it to be. I rather have a post with the information with just one click away then for users to have to look for information in the thread to find it.

If I'm not mistaken, there are applications in the Google Play store that changes this behaviour.

profile.country.FR.title
leeroy972
New

4 years laters. I could confirm that this choice was not the good.

I have set the installation Buton maker. If you pay the software it could control the voume in priority instead media volume.

Very good.

Xperia5iii_volume.jpg