Join now - be part of our community!

My back button and my home button are not working anymore

SOLVED
Pablo951
Visitor

My back button and my home button are not working anymore

This morning my home/back-button suddenly stopped working :(. Phone is in pristine condition, no cracks or what so ever. If I'm into any app, everything works perfectly fine - but if I want to switch app, I have to restart the phone. I googled the issue, found nothing :(. Did I switch something by accident or whatcould cause anything like that?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Pablo951

Test the phone in >>> safe mode 

also, settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test touchscreen > report back. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Pablo951
Visitor

Swipe function, camera or mic works fine when the phone is locked. But as soon it's unlocked the arrow of the back button turns down (not left) and the home button just doesn't care anymore...
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Pablo951

Test the phone in >>> safe mode 

also, settings > about phone > diagnostics > test > test touchscreen > report back. 

Pablo951
Visitor

Thx a lot. Didn't work out unfortunately. Think I have to restore it in another way.
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Pablo951

what's the result of the touchscreen test?

Pablo951
Visitor

Touchscreen test worked out fine, everything alright. I then tried to do a software fix via the suggested xperia tool - nothing changed. I think I have to switch Phone since this seems to be broken somehow...
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Pablo951

Sorry to hear that, but you are correct, you should contact your Local support to get it inspected. 

profile.country.IT.title
Michelasso
Contributor

@Pablo951 wrote:
Touchscreen test worked out fine, everything alright. I then tried to do a software fix via the suggested xperia tool - nothing changed. I think I have to switch Phone since this seems to be broken somehow...

WIth "software fix" you mean that you did the "repair phone" with Xperia Companion? Getting the phone as if it was brand new?

If not it might not be an hardware issue. They are soft buttons after all. If the screen works fine it could be an issue in some (system) app. Have you tried enabling the rotation in Xperia Home (hold the finger in the wallpaper, click settings in the bottom right and then enable the rotation) and see if in landscape mode you get the same issue?

Also any custom theme, or if you have Xperia Home beta installed could affect these buttons. But if the phone has been reset indeed to factory settings I don't see any other solution than to bring it to Sony support.

Pablo951
Visitor

Yes, exactly. It was Companion. Sorry, I was to lazy to switch of my phone just to look up the name of the software tool. I don't think it comes from a third party app, since the bug still exists in safe mode. Seems really the only solution to bring it to the sony support...

But still, I can't explain how that error occured. Since I was in the middle of a whatsapp-convo.

But thanks for your reply. Have a great day. 

Mema456
Visitor

My touchscreen doesn't function well on the upper and lower part of the screen. I have to enable the glove mode function to be able to get the lower part of screen functioning. But the upper part is still unresponsive