Join now - be part of our community!

Bad experience with sony tv product

anup123
Explorer

Bad experience with sony tv product

Hello

I bought sony television 46 inch that is kdl-46ex723. I have bought it on 13/05/2012. I have paid £699 for the television. Now, I had a problem with television. Its just completed one year. I was watching movie suddenly heard the sparking sound on the back of the television. I try to switch off and back to on, but it was flashing 8 times red light and no display at all. I try to contact will sony through email. But the service is too slow and bad customer service with irresponsibilty. I have to wait 2 weeks and still not sorted. I have call the repair centre which they told me. They will charge £80 for the inspection then further charges once they looked on. I haven't took the extended warranty as I thought its an sony product will have long life.

I am very disappointed with the product and the service. Me and my family always goes for sony first, but from now onwards i had very bad experience with sony. So if its not sorted then I won’t goes for sony anymore. And i let my friends and family knows how i had a bad experience from sony. Its an expensive product but the way they treat us is very cheap. Anyway no more sony for me if this is not sorted.

3 REPLIES 3
nickwg
Explorer

Whilst I am unable to help in any way, I share your frustration with Sony, having had a similar experience with my TV which reached the end of its useful life just outside the warranty period. I too will be advising everyone I know not to purchase any Sony products.

todd8137
Explorer

There seems to be a theme here my sony kdl-46 ex723 after 18 months as got a screen problem it goes dark then red and has vertical and horizontal line sony must no these panels are faulty I find it weird that sony on there own site do not reply to any message or posts about faulty TVs make you wonder why I intend to post a video on ever site possible to highlight this problem makes me mad I paid 799 quid and they refuse to do any thing ,the engineer told me it's 4/500 pounds to fix I can get a new tv of the same size and functions for that I will never go for sony again if they do not help me
anup123
Explorer

Its now fixed they took £520 for fixing it. What a bad experience i had so far. No more sony at all.