Join now - be part of our community!

some sound loss on sony+sky box

profile.country.en_GB.title
magpiemale1970
New

some sound loss on sony+sky box

A Question about BDV-N590 Home theatre

I have the home theatre set up via hdmi into the tv and an optical cable from the sky box to the home theatre and hdmi cable from sky box to tv I was advised to use the optical cable by sony as the sky box could not produce sound  via the hdmi cable into the home theatre unless it was via optical lead.My question is my sound keeps going off when I change sky channel or even when going from full tv to settings etc on my sky box it does not happen all the time just now and again,Just an annoyance really I do hear a little crack or crackle through the theatre speakers when changing sky channels is it the home theatre or sky box ?? for loss of sound occasionaly.

tv = KDL-40HX753

HOME THEATRE = BDV-N590

SKY HD BOX

OPTICAL CABLE= MONSTER.

5 REPLIES 5
royalpalm
Explorer

I have exactly the same model and set-up. with exactly the same problem as you describe, it does get annoying sometimes. It is not the Sky box, (as my old Samsung was fine) I think it's the BDV N590 being a bit  slow to sense anything, .If get the crack through the speakers the sound will be fine, but no crack,,,no sound, unless I change channels a few times.

magpiemale1970
New

yip that's it if I go up a channel and back to the original channel the sound comes back,I love the theatre unit's sound just this sound loss so sony if your reading what is it ??

I also love the hx753 t.v too................................... nice

jamesandyjames
Visitor

Hi,

I have a very similar setup however I am using an HTAS5 sound unit. I also get the crackle yet the sound will cut out completely on all sources for 10-15 minutes and then come back again. The Sky box is connected via HDMI and optical out (as advised by Sony)

Bit of a mystery really as I am not sure if this is a hardware issue on the HTAS5 or a connectivity problem? The fact that the sound cuts out on all sources indicates to me that the HTAS5 sub unit is the culprit.

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks,

A

royalpalm
Explorer

Not sure if your unit has the same menu, but on BDV N590, I find by pressing the "HOME" button, waiting one second and then press it again, the sound comes back.

Message was edited by: royalpalm

jamesandyjames
Visitor

Thanks!

I will certainly give it a try. It's good to have a workaround but a resolution would be ideal (if possible)

Thanks again!

A