Join now - be part of our community!

HDT500 Fault

profile.country.en_GB.title
ABozz28
Visitor

HDT500 Fault

I recently bought a Sony HDT500 especially for the Olympics - it was fine until today when a    'data error ocurred...use repair or format disk'    message came up, this repair function has stopped working so I used the reset button as suggested and now I have an empty hard drive all the timers have gone and can no longer record.

I could try formatting the disk but am holding back in case the recordings are still there 'somewhere'. (Wishful thinking I fear)

Software version is latest 4.10.r7993.

Looking back over previous threads from a year ago, the exact same problem has come up time after time...I should have read these before purchasing.

Is it a case of back to the store for a refund or is there a solution?

______________________________________________________________________________________

I discovered that although I purchased this in July 2012, the latest software version (firmware to version 4.21.r8585 http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVR-HDT500/downloads/svr_8585) is from July 2011!!

I have downloaded and installed it but now the repair disk (which is now working) seems to be stuck in a loop so far it's been over ½ hour repairing, I guess I'll leave it for now and hope it sorts itself out or ...

Message was edited by: ABozz28

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I've also discovered that there was supposed to be an over-air download of this version Wed 15/08/12 to Fri 17/08/12 which obviously failed and is almost certainly the cause of my problems.

http://www.dtg.org.uk/industry/download_schedule.php

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Well it finally stopped the repairing, all working ok for now.

Definitely lost all recordings from th HDD after repair disk used (naughty naughty Sony) & all the timers were lost, I guess this may have been due to doing the reset button.

Just got to wait till 2016 for next Olympics @ Rio.

Overall...seeing as I only bought it 3 weeks ago (with an old firmware version installed??) - it's been extremely disappointing and I most definitely would NOT recommend buying one, at least until all these glitches are resolved and Sony own up to their mistakes.

0 REPLIES 0