Join now - be part of our community!

compatabiilty issue with sky+ hd and NSZ-GS7 ?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
gofrost

compatabiilty issue with sky+ hd and NSZ-GS7 ?

sky+ HD box connected to NSZ-GS7 cannot use epg for sky keeps skipping two genre or two programmes same issue using front of controller or arrow keys on keyboard sky box model is amstrad DRX 890 tried different hdmi leads v1.3 & v1.4 contacted sony they believe box to be faulty ? this model does'nt show on database only when you input manually

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi all

I think this is fixed with the update which is out today - feedback from staff has been that it resolves it so do share if this works for you too.

thanks

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.GB.title
PAULLOGIN
New

In that case I must also have a faulty sky box as I also get skipping several steps when using googlebos remote to control sky hd box. Mine is also DRX 890-R according to label under digibox.   Still trying to find best way to connect sony tv, HT AS5 surround sound and googlebox to get best sound and control options.

gofrost

it might be a software issue as the issue you have is the same as mine i've contacted sky and they say contact sony which i have and the device is going to be returned  my connection to ht-as5 is via optical as the sky box and the ht -as5 are not compatible and will not show video or audio this is the only issue i have with the device everything else works fine thats why i think it might ba a compatibility issue with this box or software my connections for google tv are

SKY +HD  hdmi to NSZ-GS7 hdmi in

NSZ-GS7 hdmi out to KDL46HX803 (not to hdmi 1 ARC)

optical lead from NSZ-GS7 to HT-AS5

Message was edited by: gofrost

chrisscarlile
Visitor

Yeah. I am also having the same problem. But not the biggest problem. i have just upgraded to google tv from my wdtv live after checking with Sony online chat that it would work.

Simple question to them. "can i plug in my hard drives and watch my movies?"

"yes you can"

er, media player coming soon!!!! Is that like selling a bike with "wheels coming soon"

Sony online say the player is up to date but have no idea when it will be released. they suggest going to the app store but some of the players in there are not that good. for example, GTV will not play .mp4 (even though it says it will)

the Online chat service is worse than useless!!!

any suggestions on the best app to play all the different types of movie formats!!!

It would also be handy if it kept them sorted as to how they are already on the hard drive

thanks in advance

gofrost

latest revision for my box anyway was 20120628 plays MPEG-4 which is video will not play MP4 which is audio should play FAT32 and read and write NTFS from hdd 4GB is the largest file for FAT32 you might have to convert your files depending on what codecs they are seems like there is a compatibilty issue with this sky box model and media player i must admit i though they might have put a usb 3.0 port on the back as well so that you could play large files from hdd

gofrost

just received my 2nd NSZ box still same problem with controlling sky the sony device cannot be compatible with amstrad DRX890

gofrost

connected with sony branded hdmi cable same issue also i 've downloaded able remote for phone and google device and get same issue using this app when using epg on sky box also the sony media remote for android list this device as NSZ-GP7 and it won't discover device ?

Drumlad
Visitor

I too am having the same issue with my new NSZ-GS7 and my new Sky+ hd box.  When navigating around the Sky Programme Guide using the NSZ remote controller arrow keys, mine is also skipping one or more channels/programmes.

At the moment, I have to keep the Sky remote controller close to hand, but it would be great to know how to fix this so that I only have to use the NSZ controller.

Message was edited by: Drumlad

gofrost

this has to be a acompatibility issue with this model of sky box and the sony device as others have the same issue and i can't believe that all the sony box's are faulty when i am watching sky i can move channels one at a time +/- using button on side of remote but this is the only time when you can control the channels using the sony remote apart from when you do the intial installation

Drumlad
Visitor

Hi Catmambo, thanks for the heads up on todays update.

Been trying to perform the update (Settings>About>System updates on the NSZ), but not having any luck and it keeps reporting back that it's up to date, even though I'm on the last build dated 20120628.  Internet connection is fine and I'm able to browse on Chrome without any issues.

I will check again later, but for now I'm very much looking forward to seeing the latest new features and hopefully this fix with Sky programme guide.

thanks again