Join now - be part of our community!

Blu ray home theatre question

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tiredsteve1971
Visitor

Blu ray home theatre question

Hi, i am getting a sony blu ray player & was wondering if i could set it up with my current sony DVD home theatre system, which is a DAV-DZ230 ? Can anyone recommend any preferences for a blu ray player ? cheers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i have just gone over the specs quickly on your DAV and unfortunately because it has no digital optical or coaxial input you cannot connect a new blu ray player to it to use the speaker set up, this was my first thought as to a possibility but im afraid its not to be.

as for a new player itself well theres a few to choose from and its down to budget and personal choice but i tend to aim for mid range to high end decks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Bravia55HX

Hi,

i have just gone over the specs quickly on your DAV and unfortunately because it has no digital optical or coaxial input you cannot connect a new blu ray player to it to use the speaker set up, this was my first thought as to a possibility but im afraid its not to be.

as for a new player itself well theres a few to choose from and its down to budget and personal choice but i tend to aim for mid range to high end decks.

tiredsteve1971
Visitor

Cheers mate, so do you think the Blu ray player will produce as good a sound through the TV speakers, it is a sony KDL- 32s3000 ?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

be aware that normally any tv set just send in output only 2.0 audio, so you'll loose any 5.1 effect from your bluray

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

just as rooobb said above, the only way round your predicament is to go the whole hog with a new dedicated Amp and speaker package to get the best from your blu ray collection.