Join now - be part of our community!

Subtitles YouView

profile.country.GB.title
skeith
Explorer

Subtitles YouView

I have two Bravia Oled TVs,A8 and A9.Subtitles work perfectly well initially. I can switch on and off via the remote control.After a day or so the subtitles come on permanently and the remote button no longer functions.Restarting corrects this temporally but then the problem resumes.This happens on both TVs.

Any ideas

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey, 

Did you check if their software is up-to-date?

You can try also to perform a factory data reset for both of them

profile.country.GB.title
simonandfelicity

Thank you, yes, I know this is always the default cure for all such faults but it comes with the downside that all personal set data (e.g. streaming logins and passwords, favorite channels etc.) will disappear as well and it would take a little while to re-enter them all. It would be good to have an option to save all of these first on a USB drive!

What we have found is that by manually deleting all the YouView data in the app (settings menu), exiting, and then reentering YouView, the fault is cleared – until the next time when the cycle repeats in a few days. This seems to imply a fault just with YouView. It did not seem to occur before the new March 2024 update, but even going back to an earlier version, the new one will update itself later, so this doesn’t help.