Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia XA Battery Problems.

profile.country.GB.title
thorcaption5
New

Sony Xperia XA Battery Problems.

Hello, I have recently got a Sony Xperia XA and i have had some problems with the battery. What is happening is that the battery won't charge, it will stay on a screen showing a picture of a battery that will occasionally have a lightning bolt symbol on the screen. I have sent this phone back to virgin media (It's a contract phone.) and within 12 days they had sent me it back saying that they couldn't fix it as it was physically damaged, i had the phone for a week or so and i never dropped it once. Ohttps://omegle.onl/n the back of the letter they gave me it read something like "Here is a picture of where the phone is damaged." but there was no picture there. There is some times where the phone does charge and the highest it has gone to is 42% over a period of 24+ hours. i would appreciate if someone would give me advsharevice on what is going on with my phone. :slight_smile:

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.PH.title
MarlonUk1
Expert

hello @thorcaption5 

can you try to boot your device to Safe mode. ( long press power off option). and then plug in your device using the original cable and wallmount adapter. 

does it charge the device to 100%..?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@thorcaption5 

that seems to be a hardware issue, with that said, if you already tested different wall chargers and the battery doesn't go pass 42% and/or the phone doesn't boot, it seems that what you've described is that the phone only display the battery/charging icon but you haven't mentioned anything abut the phone actually booting.