Join now - be part of our community!

No volte available after 7.1.1

hasnil_nc
Visitor

No volte available after 7.1.1

There is no volte toggle avaliable after, 7.1.1 update i even tried the *#*#4636*#*# method but no use. Any one plz help meScreenshot_20170622-225431.png

21 REPLIES 21
DavidCollins
Visitor

No VoLTE activation optionNo VoLTE activation option

Online reviews and specs on this phone state that this phone is VoLTE provisioned, but I am not able to use that feature. Reading through the forum on related topic, the solution I get is to make sure that a VoLTE active sim card, be inserted.. Well, as per the screenshot, that's a VoLTE sim card inserted and still I can't find the option to enable VoLTE. I thought Oreo Update will bring this feature but it didn't. Any other method to activate this feature on my phone that doesn't need an "operator firmware" that I honestly do not understand???

Device: Xperia X (F5122) Running on Android 8.0.0 Build Number: 34.4.A.0.364

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

From the Xperia X manual:

Pay attention to the 1. remark

And don't forget to read the very last sentence.

Android™ 8.0 To enable VoLTE

1. Make sure your specific Xperia™ device model and network subscription support VoLTE.
  2. Find and tap Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile network > Preferred network type > LTE or 4G (preferred)/3G/GSM.
  3. Tap the switch beside Enable VoLTE to activate VoLTE. If Enable VoLTE isn't available, contact your network operator.

Android™ 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1 or 7.1.1 To enable VoLTE

1. Make sure your specific Xperia™ device model and network subscription support VoLTE.
  2. Find and tap Settings > More > Mobile networks > Preferred network type > LTE or 4G (preferred)/3G/GSM.
  3. Tap the switch beside Enable VoLTE to activate VoLTE. If Enable VoLTE isn't available, contact your network operator.
WAHID986
Visitor

Does my Xperia x supports volte

profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Your Xperia does, that's for sure.

Question is if your provider supports it.

Use Google to find out about the details

Akhil5
Visitor

I to have same problem 

MWW
Visitor

F4CB90EE-3707-4447-ABE4-72BF2FBF89E3.jpeg

On my phone you can’t enable the rest of the functions....

What can I do to turn Volte on ? 

jahed
Visitor

I am also facing the same problem. i have xperia x compact with anroid 7.1.1.

model - F5321

BUILD - 34.3.A.0.252

customization-1305-2001_R2D. 

It does not support VoLTE.. Volte provision is turned off, it slides to on but doesnt stay. 

All phone manufacturer are giving software update for VoLTE  , do not understand why Sony is not paying any attention. it would be a simple fix at their end. for us its a huge problem. In India its open carrier, they do not provide any firmware.  reliance jio doesnt work without voLTE.. I was a huge fan of Sony , unfortunately have to give up, worthless support and forum, all you do is lock down the thread without providing any solution.

Screenshot_20180629-224243.png

Screenshot_20180629-224215.png

we are just wasting hard earned money for those who do not care about its customer. 

Ujjwal7
Visitor

I'm having the exact problem and my carrier has told me that it's my cell phone issue but i know it's not because nothing ever such happened which could break my phone and cause this issue. 

Fred1145
Visitor

Same here. Same SIM inside my old iPhone SE has VoLTE enabled. Not in the Sony. My carrier says the same: if the device is VoLTE enabled, it should be automatically on from their side.

XperiaXcompact1
Visitor

Hi,

I am using Xperia X Compact...US purchased but flashed UK firmware 7.1.1 for fingerprint reader. I am unable to use VOLTE at the moment.

Can you please help me on this? Which firmware are you using - UK OR US? How is this device holding signals with JIO sim as mine is pretty bad. Have you tried with Airtel too?

I can't enable VOLTE flag as you have advised. 

Many Thanks in advance.