Join now - be part of our community!

reminder?

SOLVED
Not applicable

reminder?

I had some trouble getting started with my xperia mini, but now everything is working really nice!

Still, Im looking for a birthday/anniversary reminder. My old cell phone had it. Why can't I find it in my new one? Is this really not an option?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

On your google calendar, on Other Calendars (left hand side of screen) click ADD then Browse Interesting Calendars from the pop up.  On the interesting calendars page select More and then it gives you Contacts Birthdays and Events and subscribe to this.  Then any contact you have with a birthday in will appear with a little cake beside them on your calendar online.  I use a calendar app called Jorte and you can select to you it to sync with google.  I just happen to prefer the look of it to the stock calendar.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Not applicable

Hi, I just use the calendar for birthday/anniversary reminders but there is an app in market place that is free though called Egreetings Birthdayreminder.

suze
Leader

Welcome to the world of Android!  No I don't think the phone does have one. You have a couple of options, you can set them all up in your calendar and get that to remind you or you can go search on the market and download an app... just looked and there is one called surprisingly 'Reminder'

I use Google calendar instead of a diary now and have put them all on to their contact details so they show on their as my contacts are synced with Googlemail/calendar.

Not applicable

Hei.

I synced my gmail/kalender with my phone, but the birthdays don't appear on the phone. Did I do something wrong?

I'll have a look on the marked ...

Thank you both for your answerers! Slightly_smiling_Face

suze
Leader

On your google calendar, on Other Calendars (left hand side of screen) click ADD then Browse Interesting Calendars from the pop up.  On the interesting calendars page select More and then it gives you Contacts Birthdays and Events and subscribe to this.  Then any contact you have with a birthday in will appear with a little cake beside them on your calendar online.  I use a calendar app called Jorte and you can select to you it to sync with google.  I just happen to prefer the look of it to the stock calendar.

Not applicable

Thank you SOOOO much. My problem is solved. That was great help.

Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face Slightly_smiling_Face