Join now - be part of our community!

BDV-E370 and 46HX823 Problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Widgyman
Visitor

BDV-E370 and 46HX823 Problems

Hello all, i have 2 problems with the above setup:-

1.      Why does my Sony remote for my LED TV not operate the Blu Ray Home Cinema Player?

2.     The only way i can seem to get all TV sound output to go through the Home Cinema part is via an Optical Cable - i just cannot seem to get the HDMI ARC part to work.

My system is fully HDMI and all HDMI ARC settings are swithed on. Both the TV and Home Cinema are fully up to date on software updates.

I used to use the LED TV with a DAV-TZ200 and that worked a treat - only had to use 1 remote and the remote turned on the TV and DAV-TZ200 - seemed nice and simple. The only problem is that the DAV-TZ200 does not have the HDMI ARC option ;-(

I am led to believe that the problem lies with the BDV-E370.

The system does work fine with the Optical Cable - however as both of my items are Sony all i want to achieve is:-

1. Use 1 remote for both devices

2. Use the HDMI to return all Audio from the TV without the need for the additional Optical Cable (not too much of a problem - i can accept it as it works very well).

Kind Regards to all that can offer assistance,

Message was edited by: -Soup-

Personal details removed

2 REPLIES 2
Widgyman
Visitor

Forgot to mention i also used to be able to control the volume from the TV remote - now it will not let me.

garlangreeny
Visitor

Have you just got updated when you get this type of problem? I don't usually update as I read that you might get a few problems once updated. A thing that I learned though.