Join now - be part of our community!

Mic problem

Olesiy21-32
Visitor

Mic problem

При звонке меня не слышит собеседник , работает только громкая связь . При записывании голосового сообщения слышен только шум. Что это может быть ? 

When calling, the interlocutor does not hear me, only the speakerphone works. When recording a voice message, only noise is heard. What could it be ? - GT

1 REPLY 1
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @Olesiy21-32, sorry to hear about this! 

Have you been able to carry out a quick test of the microphones in the support app to see if the microphones work as intended? To do this, find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia Tests > Speakers & microphones. Also, make sure that the microphones are not blocked by any protective case. dirt or lint.

Another thing that you can try is to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if the microphone works better there. Safe mode is a troubleshooting mode that temporarily deactivates all apps downloaded from Play store, that way you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here

If the microphone behaves the same way in safe mode, I would suggest that you try to repair the software on the phone using Xperia Companion and a computer. Keep in mind though that a software repair will erase all user data from the phone, so remember to do a backup before the repair to prevent data loss.

If none of these measures manages to improve the functionality of the microphone, the best thing to do is to get in contact with your local support team to have your phone sent to an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as service routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary depending on market/region.

Let me know how it goes!