Join now - be part of our community!

Bluetooth 2.01 upgrade.- Sony A1

profile.country.GB.title
ShaunDon
Explorer

Bluetooth 2.01 upgrade.- Sony A1

My Bluetooth was working fine when on the previous version (1.32). I’ve upgraded to 2.01 and now receive the Bluetooth malfunction action error. Sony are saying hardware error however all was fine before the upgrade. Anyone else have the same issue or how to fix. 

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Unknown camera model

profile.country.GB.title
ShaunDon
Explorer

profile.country.GB.title
ShaunDon
Explorer

Apologies, Description updated

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Yes, I have the same from official channels.

It seems that an actual hardware issue is present that older firmware doesn’t detect.

I share the concern about the connection work fine before the update, but that’s all 🙄🤷‍♂️

2.01 only fix wifi issues

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Probably the best suggestion we can follow is to swamp sony's support with requests of clarification and repair for free

profile.country.US.title
ppadar
New

I have the same issue after the 2.0 upgrade. Also 2.1 did not help.

Same issue...

1.32 and 1.35 had no issues, have a screenshot on my smartphone which shoes remote Ctrl worked perfectly.

Now they say that Bluetooth is defective.

Sony please rethink your statement, 

We have enough people with this issue and you should fix it with no cost for us. 

Otherwise I would recommend that all with this issue group together and take a lawyer to file a class A action lawsuit. Then we all will be fairly compensated.

Sony, it's your turn to make your top paying customers happy. I paid more than 20k for Sony camera gears...don't let me in the rain!

profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hey all,

Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps first?

- Pulling out the battery for at least 2 minutes

- Initialize camera, reset settings to factory defaults: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2040/v1/en/contents/TP1000384602.html