Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia 1 IV Bravia Core + Widevine level error

Sylvan01
New

Xperia 1 IV Bravia Core + Widevine level error

Hi, 

Just tried to launch Bravia Core to see if there was any new content, but it wouldn't launch. I get an error saying Widevine Level error: Your device is not compatible with this application.

I did some digging as I'd no idea what Widevine was. Turns out it's some DRM suite used to confirm that the device is in compliance with HD DRM. I'm guessing Bravia Core requires L1, but according to an app I downloaded just to check, my device is now L3.

Another google suggests this happens to people when they root their phone, however I have never rooted my phone, it is still under extended warranty and insured. 

I suspect one of the updates broke something. Any chance of a fix?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

Any information in the manual?

You might consider a software repair. (see the manual as well)

profile.country.GB.title
kennycr
Explorer

I performed a factory reset and still had the same problem.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey all, I believe that you need to contact Sony directly to report that to Sony with the exact error so they can check it , if it's from their end or from the app end 

profile.country.GB.title
kennycr
Explorer

Hi,

It took may many, many attempts to perform a software repair, over 10 times. The repair process failed repeatedly (UEUpdateFailed  UE_2005 , UEGetPhoneInfoFailure UE_302). Eventually I got the phone back to a working state after 2 days of trying and yes you guessed it, the Widevine level error is still there.

I opened a case with Sony exactly 1 week ago and I've had no meaningful response.

profile.country.GB.title
JClark
New

I've had this issue since I've had my Sony Xperia V 1

It's not limited to Bravia Core either. I get the same issue with Disney+ where if I try to watch something it just says "something went wrong"

Both the Bravia Core issue and the Disney+ issues can be solved by restarting l, but it's getting extremely annoying having to restart all the time to watch either of them.

There's also the issue with Spotify where songs are playing but have no audio.

Both are aware of this issue but still no fix and the issue has been over a year now. It's really quite poor that these issues haven't been patched at all