Join now - be part of our community!

Google Pay on power button

profile.country.RO.title
ast3rixmic
Explorer

Google Pay on power button

In countries where Google Pay is available only as a service, and the Google Pay gets disabled if you are detected, the only way to change payment card is by navigating to Settings, Account, Services, Pay.

Pixel phones have a shortcut for long pressing the power button to select the payment card.

Is there a way to do this on my Xperia 1 II ?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
EUSupport_EN
Contributor

Hi there, I think that this feature isn't available on the Xperia 1 ll, you even need to download the Google Pay from the play store as it's not preinstalled on the device.

profile.country.GB.title
vlolaaa
New

Hey ast3rixmic! Totally get your Google Pay struggle on the Xperia 1 II. I had the same head-scratcher on my end. The Pixel power button trick is pretty handy, but unfortunately, Sony doesn't have that built-in shortcut. Bit of a bummer, right?

Here's a workaround I stumbled upon: try using a third-party app called "Button Mapper." It lets you customize your buttons, including the power button. You might be able to set up a long press to launch Google Play directly. It's not as smooth as the Pixel shortcut, but it gets the job done. See more here: https://andersenlab.com/industries/financial-services/dapps-development

Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes. It worked like a charm for me on my Xperia. If you find a better solution, shout it out – we're all in this Android tweakathon together!